Pages

Facebook Badge

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2011 Paddling Equipment

team i-canoe logo resize

As a full time paddler and coach using the right equipment really does matter, I am privileged to have good friends and sponsors to keep me kitted out whatever the weather, For the 2011 season I have chosen to use the following equipment for the majority of my paddling.   

   .Adrian Durrant,

Boat 

Jackson Rockstar M

Having owned 4 allstars at last it was time to step up to the new Rockstar, I chose the elite version purely because I preferred the blue and white colour, this boat has slightly more volume helping me stay afloat! with the lack of water their have so far been few opportunities to get this boat out but the few chances I've had I can honestly say she rocks!

my rockstar

new rockstar

Downtime UnderDawg

I am continuing to paddle my Downtime Underdawg Built so kindly for the last world championships, after a few injuries and swollen ankles I finally fit back in my boat its the same boat with a different set of padding lets hope she still works! 

squirtboat

Dry Wear

At present I am continuing to use the Sandiline range of equipment with both long and short sleeve cag decks and dry cags makes the perfect combination for all boats. The kit is dry, hardwearing and allows good movement, since changing to it I have been very impressed.

DrySuit FreeRide 4L

Decks

For 2011 I have changed over from my old faithful Playboater work deck to a new NRS Drylander Deck, First impressions were it looks silky smooth and the price tag is much less than I would of expected to pay for a new deck, performance wise this thing is unreal! the waist tube is a lighter comfier neoprene which stretches and moves and avoids unwanted bulk, the deck is 4mm Neoprene with latex layer to really hold close to the cockpit rim, and another latex trim on the top to give some protecting from abrasion. If your after a cheap deck that is high on performance this is the one! the deck is shaped to really fit the boat, I've used the deck on a range of boats and its not failed me for comfort nor performance,

 NRS Drylander Spraydeck

Paddles

Over the past year I have used and tested many different blades with my current list of paddles exceeding most people lifetime list so here's a quick breakdown of what I think,

AT2 Standards 194-30 – big powerful foam core blade, Current blade of choice for creeking

Werner Double Diamonds 188-12 – Big play blades good catch and response lots of power transfer.

H20 Team 185-12 – Good grips and stiff shaft indestructible blades bounce off everything

H20-2 191-30 - Good grips and stiff shaft indestructible blades bounce off everything

H2O-TEAM WW Crank 2010

Mitchell Squirt Bade 185 –12 squirt specific shape smooth and fast entry and exit.

Helmet

Play- Sweet Strutter

This classic helmet offers both protection and style in a lightweight shell,

Creek- Sweet Rocker

The ONLY choice for a full protection helmet if you really like your head, safe as houses this helmet is the daddy worth every penny!

Work- Protec B2 helmet

this lid has a great style fantastic colour scheme and fit lots of ventilation and will bounce all day long!

PFD

For 2011 I have upgraded from my Peak river guide to a beautiful shiny blue Astral Green jacket, after testing one of these over the winter I knew their was no competition great fit with full movement big side pockets gets stuff off your chest and space for the extra mars bar a solid safe choice for 2011

For freestyle I'm still with the Sandiline K1 competition Pro PFD nice and light with a low cut and loads of movement make it great for freestyle!

PFD Competition K1 Pro

 

Media

Headphones

Currently using the new H20 Audio Amphibx fit armband as a lighter case weighs less and offers easier access to the phone and touch screen, the case is a perfect training aid both on flat-water and in a feature,

when the water gets tougher I switch back to the older style amphibx case which offers better protection against bumps and bangs.Amphibx Waterproof Armband (Large)

To pair with these great cases I use either the new flex all sport super hero headphones  or the Surge sportswrap for moving water to guarantee the headphones stay close with no excess cable.

Flex All Sport Waterproof Headphones - Super Hero BlueSurge Sportwrap 2G Waterproof Headphones

Camera

For 2011 I have received a brand new Olympus T-810 I have only just got this but look forward to taking on my 2011 adventures its the top end indestructible camera with gps and compass

here's what Olympus say!

toughest ever technology, the new TOUGH cameras are virtually indestructible. They’re waterproof**, shockproof***, freezeproof and scratch resistant to an unprecedented degree. A sliding double lock mechanism for port and battery protection and additional lens barrier mean your TOUGH will survive just about anything

TG-810

JPG_RGB_300_DPIwhite

 

Thank you to all current supporters and sponsors for the help, guidance and equipment offered

team i-canoe logo resize

Thank you to I-Canoe.com for the continued support.

Happy Paddling

1 comment: